Crew - Drugs IndexBack / Home
What you Need to Know
- Use accurate scales to measure doses – don’t judge by eye!
- Start with a small amount (a dab with your pinky) and wait at least an hour before re-dosing
- Try to control the amount you take in one session
- Try not to use alone and tell your friends what you have taken
- Avoid snorting as this is not thought to be very effective and can be extremely unpleasant
- Avoid mixing with other drugs and alcohol as negative effects are more likely
MDAI is covered by The Psychoactive Substances Act. It was introduced in the UK on the 26th May 2016 and it makes it an offence to manufacture, export/import (i.e. buying from a non-UK website), supply or offer to supply any psychoactive substance, if likely to be used for its psychoactive effects. Despite being psychoactive, alcohol, nicotine, tobacco and caffeine are exempt from the act.
Under the new regulations, possession with intent to supply is an offence. Possession is not an offence, except in a ‘custodial institution’ (e.g. prison, young offenders centre).
Penalties range from civil sanctions to a 7 year prison sentence but some offences will be considered to be aggravated, including selling to under 18s or around schools and children’s homes etc.
The Human Medicines Regulations (2012) and the Misuse of Drugs Act (1971) including Temporary Class Drug Orders (TCDOs) will remain unchanged.
The police have increased powers to stop and search individuals and premises, and NPS may be treated like a controlled drug until proven otherwise.
Back / Home