Crew - Drugs IndexBack / Home
Methoxetamine (meth-ox-et-a-meen) also known as MXE, Mexxy, Special K, MKET appeared on the legal high market in 2010 and increased in popularity in 2011. Originally branded a ‘legal high’ it is now illegal to possess and/or supply it.
Methoxetamine is a dissociative drug similar to ketamine which can make you feel detached from your surroundings. It also increases your heart rate and breathing. People using it can experience a high, positive mood and hallucinations as well as disorientation, loss of coordination and anxiety.
It comes in a white/off white crystal type powder and is usually snorted or swallowed in a cigarette paper (bombed) or in a pellet. It is more potent than ketamine and longer lasting. An average dose for snorting will give around 50 lines from a gram and for swallowing around 25 bombs from a gram. These doses should not be taken as recommendations.
Snorting often causes effects to come on quicker than swallowing and it can be a more intense experience although effects tend to last longer when the drug is swallowed.
What you Need to Know
If you choose to use MXE:
Try a test dose (a small dab with your pinky)
- Wait two hours before re-dosing to ensure there are no bad effects
- Methoxetamine can take a while to come on, often longer than ketamine. Users are advised to dose carefully in general, start low go slow!
- Use accurate scales to measure; don’t judge by eye. If no access to scales, consider purchasing the pellet form
- Similar to Ketamine there are risks of bladder problems and kidney damage with regular use
- Avoid mixing with other drugs, medicines and alcohol, especially downers or trips
Class B drug. Penalties for possession are up to five years in prison and/or an unlimited fine. Supply holds penalties of up to 14 years in prison and/or an unlimited fine.
Back / Home