Crew - Drugs IndexBack / Home
Subutex (sub-you-tex) is the brand name for Buprenorphine also known as Subbies, Temmies or Bupe. It is used to treat opiate addiction such as heroin and methadone. Buprenorphine is also available under the names Suboxone and Temgesic.
Subutex is an analgesic (pain relieving) drug which acts by mimicking the body’s natural painkillers (endorphins). It also lowers your heart rate and breathing. It can block physical and psychological pain, cause sleepiness, relaxation and a mild high but may also cause withdrawal from heroin and methadone.
It comes as an oval white tablet with a dagger logo on one side. Tablets come in various strengths and are usually dissolved under the tongue although users may also snort crushed tablets. If you are not used to using opiate drugs then an 8mg tablet should provide at least 20 doses. Effects can last more than 20 hours. These doses should not be taken as recommendations.
Snorting often causes effects to come on quicker than taken orally (in your mouth) and it can be a more intense experience although effects tend to last longer when the drug is taken orally.
What you Need to Know
If you choose to use subutex:
- Effects can take 2-3 hours to come on. Avoid re-dosing during this time.
- Do not use subutex if you are on methadone as it could send you into withdrawal
- Using subutex on top of heroin will block the effects of heroin and may send you into withdrawal
- If injecting, use a large filter to ensure you do not inject any non-dissolved tablet filler
- Avoid other sedative drugs like alcohol, benzos or GBL/GHB. Mixing subutex with these drugs greatly increases the chances of overdosing
- The vast majority of overdoses occur when using after being clean from opiates. Remember your tolerance will drop and using the same amount as before could kill you
Class C drug. Penalties for possession are up to 2 years in prison and /or unlimited fine. Supply holds penalties of up to 14 years in prison and/or unlimited fine.
Back / Home