Crew - Drugs IndexBack / Home
MDPV also known as peev, Magic, Maddie and PV is produced using a chemical developed in the 1960s to suppress appetite and relieve tiredness. It appeared on the legal high market in 2007 and has often been reported as a hidden ingredient in branded ‘legal highs’ such as NRG-1 and Ivory Wave. It is now illegal to possess and/or supply it.
MDPV is a powerful stimulant (upper) drug which gives you a high or ‘buzz’ similar to cocaine but longer lasting. It also increases your heart rate and breathing. People using it can experience alertness, increased concentration, a perception of increased energy, and sexual arousal as well as cravings to re-dose, headaches, irritability and sleeplessness.
There have been reports of hallucinogenic effects from MDPV - be aware that lots of substances sold as legal highs may contain a variety of substances and may give you different effects than you expect. If you are determined to use, check out our harm reduction advice below.
It comes in a white or tan powder and is usually snorted or swallowed in a cigarette paper (bombed) or in a capsule/pellet. MDPV is a strong stimulant and users should dose very carefully. An average dose for snorting will give you around 200 lines from a gram and for swallowing around 100 bombs. These doses should not be taken as recommendations.
Snorting often causes effects to come on quicker than swallowing and it can be a more intense experience although effects tend to last longer when the drug is swallowed.
What you Need to Know
If you choose to use MDPV:
- Use accurate scales to measure doses and don’t judge by eye!
- Try a small test dose and wait at least 2 hours before re-dosing to ensure there are no bad effects
- Much less powder of MDPV is needed for one dose than other drugs like MDMA or Ketamine so lines and test doses will be smaller
- MDPV can be a hidden ingredient in other branded products currently marketed as legal. Be cautious of what you are buying and treat every packet as if it is a brand new substance
- Don't use alone and look after your mates!
- Take regular breaks if dancing and replace fluids by sipping water regularly (no more than 1 pint an hour)
- Regular use may lead to dependency
- Avoid mixing with other drugs especially downers such as alcohol as this can increase the strain to your heart
Class B drug. Penalties for possession are up to five years in prison and/or an unlimited fine. Supply holds penalties of up to 14 years in prison and/or an unlimited fine.
Back / Home